10 Amazing Gift Ideas for Christian Friends and Family
10 Amazing Gift Ideas for Christian Friends and Family
With around 63% of Americans identifying as Christian, it’s likely that you have a few Christian friends and family members. You might even have some orthodox and practicing Christian loved ones who have a strong commitment to their faith.
You should always be looking for ways to show that you support your loved ones and their belief system. This is even more vital if you have different faiths. Buying your Christian loved ones a gift connected to their faith is a thoughtful way of doing this.
But if you’re not a Christian, you might have no idea what to buy someone with the Christian faith. Well, you could pray on it. Or you could use this list of tons of great Christian gift ideas to show your family and friends you love them!
1. Christian Artwork and Sculptures
Any person of faith loves having artwork around their home to reaffirm their beliefs. One of the best gifts for Christians is a piece of Christianity-themed art or a motivational poster with a piece of scripture.
Here are some bible verse ideas that you could put on a poster for your friend’s home:
- Joshua 24:15, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”
- Matthew 11:28, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”
- Psalm 91:1, “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadows of the Almighty”
Frame the poster so it looks more professional. You’re also taking away the burden of getting it framed from your friend! Banners, wood carvings, and wall hangings are good alternatives to posters.
You could choose a more abstract piece of Christian artwork like a painting or sculpture instead. Crosses, a mother holding a baby, candles, and images of light and darkness could also make great Christian gifts.
Paintings of stories from the bible are another option. You shouldn’t have any problems finding pieces that depict Adam and Eve, David and Goliath, and Noah’s Ark.
2. Christian Apparel and Accessories
If your Christian family member or friend already has enough artwork, opt for something they can wear instead. T-shirts, socks, beanie hats, tote bags, and sweaters with bible verses or prints are all available to buy.
Or, you can choose short and snappy Christianity-related slogans or quotes to print on apparel. Here are some ideas:
- Jesus Loves Me (and You!)
- The Higher the Hair, the Closer to God – Dolly Parton
- His Mercies Are New Every Morning
- Jesus: The Ultimate Deadlifter
- Put God First – Denzel Washington
Some of the best Christian apparel you can find is for baby clothes. If your Christian friends are expecting their own little blessing, buy them a onesie with one of these printed slogans:
- All of God’s Grace in One Tiny Face
- Psalm 139:14, “Fearfully and Wonderfully Created”
- James 1:17, “Every Good and Perfect Gift Is From Above”
- All I Need Is Milk, Naps, and Jesus
Don’t think your Christian friends are into slogans and prints? They can be more subtle. Get them a beanie with a simple cross on the front.
Or, opt for a necklace or pair of earrings in the shape of a cross. You could be more abstract and get them jewelry with an olive leaf pendant from the Noah’s Ark bible story.
3. Christian Toys and Children’s Books
If you’re buying a Christmas or baptism gift for a Christian child, don’t panic! There are tons of awesome gifts for Christian children.
You could buy them a Nativity set or a Noah’s Ark playset. Be mindful to get an accurate set with all the correct animals and people because their parents will notice!
There are also several picture books that feature events from the bible. Or if the child is older, you can buy a book of bible stories for kids.
4. Bibles, Scriptures, Journals, and Books
Chances are that your Christian friends already own bibles. But you could buy them a special bible for different purposes. Here are some ideas:
- Personalized bible with their favorite verse engraved
- Heirloom bible with a handover and leather binding to last generations
- Small travel bible to take on vacations or put in their glovebox
- Journal bible that they can make notes in
- Prayer books where they can write their own prayers
You could also buy them Christian books that aren’t the bible as a gift. Here are some examples:
- Between Two Trees by Shane Wood
- Soul of Shame by Curt Thompson
- Subversive Sabbath By A.J. Swodoba
- Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry
- Everything Is Spiritual by Rob Bell
You could research any Christian authors who have speaking sessions or are venturing on book tours. Book your Christian friends a ticket as their gift.
5. Christian Homeware and Soft Furnishings
Christian artwork is beautiful, but if your friend is a practical person then they might prefer a more practical gift. So, get them a piece of Christian-themed homeware instead! Here are some ideas:
- Cheeseboards with verses
- Mugs with verses
- Throw cushions with Christian prints
- A “scripture of the day” calendar
- “Verse of the Week” Blackboard
Christian-themed bedding and blankets are great gifts for college students.
6. Christian Stationery and Trinkets
Does your Christian friend live out of town? Mailing them a blanket as a gift won’t be practical or cheap. But Christianity-themed stationery is ideal.
Here are some stationery gift ideas for your Christian friends:
- Pens and highlighters for their bible
- Notebooks with a bible verse on the front
- Laptop, notebook, and water bottle stickers
You could even cross-stitch your own bookmarks so your friend knows you went the extra mile with your gift.
7. Faith-Themed Subscriptions
You’ve likely heard of subscription gifts such as flowers, chocolate, and crafts. But there are plenty of faith-themed annual subscriptions you can buy your Christian friends, too!
Here are some examples:
- Subscription to a Christian magazine
- Christian book of the month
- Monthly wine subscription (it is the blood of Christ, after all)
- Christmas ornaments
- Subscription boxes with games and activities
Expressing your support for your Christian friends’ faith doesn’t need to stop in December.
8. Plan a Pilgrimage Trip
If you’re buying a present for your Christian spouse, parent, or child for a big celebration then a bible poster verse might not cut it. You could plan a pilgrimage trip for both of you!
Pilgrimages are a devotional journey to a place of religious significance. The most popular is the Camino de Santiago (The Way of St James). This is a 500-mile pilgrimage from the Pyrenees in France to the city of Santiago in Spain.
Other lesser-known pilgrimages include St Cuthbert’s Way in the UK and St Olav’s Way in Norway.
Or, you could buy them memoirs or films about pilgrimages. The Way (2010) is a popular film about the Camino de Santiago and The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho is a great book about it.
You can also buy them pilgrimage-related gifts like guidebooks and backpack patches. Camino pilgrims carry a shell and Buff even makes special scarves for popular long-distance walks.
9. Book a Christian Vacation
Is your Christian loved one not a huge walker? Then skip the pilgrimage and take them on a relaxing Christian vacation instead! Popular Christian destinations include Rome, Jerusalem, Ireland, and Spain.
In Rome, you can visit Vatican City and St Peter’s Basilica. Tre Fontane Abbey, the Catacombs, and the Arch of Titus are also great places to visit in Rome for Christians.
In Jerusalem, you can visit the tomb of the Holy Mary, the Dome of Ascension, and Via Dolorosa. The famous Sea of Galilei and other places mentioned in the bible are also nearby.
10. Donate to a Christian Charity
The Christian faith is all about giving to those less fortunate. If your Christian friends already have everything they need, why not donate to a charity in their name?
Here are some of the great Christian charities operating in the US:
- Compassion International – supports the world’s poorest children
- Catholic Relief Service – provides international aid
- Salvation Army – gives food, shelter, and disaster relief
- Operation Christmas Child – gives presents to less fortunate children
Choose a charity that is close to your friend’s heart. If they love animals, donate to a Christian wildlife charity.
Show Your Christian Friends You Love Them and Their Faith With These Gifts
This guide has tons of different gift ideas on a range of budgets for your Christian friends and family. No matter the occasion, they will no doubt appreciate your gift and the thought that went into it. After all, the biggest gift you could give them is your love and support for their beliefs.
Organizing a baptism, Christmas party, or another Christian celebration? Browse our lifestyle and entertainment articles for lots of event planning tips and ideas!